Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fitness and technology

Today was the Health, Wellness and Technology lesson. Lots of good links and good information on those links. I think the Wii is great for a workout - I particularly like the boxing which I tried at staff day last year - and the games are fun. I would like to see the library offer a Wii workout room for the staff to use; I'd be there every day on my lunch hour.
I would use the google maps pedometer, but my neighborhood does not show up on their map. I would like to know how far it is around my gated neighborhood, but I guess I'll just have to buy a new pedometer and find out.
Nike + looks like a good program just absurdly expensive and apparently not compatible with my iPod Touch.
Good ideas here and a great mix of techology that can be used to improve fitness.

No comments: